If you are using alcohol and have questions you should consider…
Talking to a medical professional or calling/texting/emailing anonymously to a service such as Kids Help Phone Counsellor
Links to help you
- Kow your limits and plan ahead
- Eat before and while you drink
- Skip a drink now and then + substitute with non-alcoholic drink
- Think about your reputation + safety of others
- Appoint a designated driver
- Respect the rights of individuals who do not wish to drink
- Keep track of how many drinks you are consuming
- Plan ahead for transportation – don’t drink + drive
- Never accept a drink from someone you don’t know + keep an eye on your drink
- Alcohol + sex do not mix – drunken sex is not consensual sex
- Careful what you combine, most drugs and alcohol do not mix well. be sure to read all warning labels
- If you are pregnant, might be pregnant, or are attempting to become pregnant, do not consume any type of alcoholic beverage
Finding help is easy when you make the right call...
If you wish to speak to a counsellor,
Please call 1 800 668 6868
Or text CONNECT to 686868 to chat confidentially with a trained, volunteer Crisis Responder.
Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with our Calendar of Community Events, Activites, Support, Links & so much more...